Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Promising myself, publicly

I've been thinking about the blog a lot lately and all the things I've meant to add... and then I don't just sit down and write.  This blog is still so new and developing, but lately I've struggled with what a blog should be and what it should express and who exactly I'm writing to and how extended writing (certainly must?) maintain a consistent style.  Or not?

Blogging is more complicated than I thought.

I've had bloggers guilt, without even reaching 25 posts... woah, hang on! I just realized that I've written over twenty bodies of text because I like writing.  Not because someone asked me to or is depending on me to or because I should.  The next five posts may not read as polished and they may not even appear to come from the same writer, but I've got stuff to write about and it's goin' down in the next five consecutive days.  Kisses to those of you who still read and support me challenging myself.  It means more than you know.

3 comments:

  1. Don't know if it matters but I read your blog post the instant you post it. I support you challenging yourself!
    -Nisheet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live for your posts..... I brag about your blogs! :) I read them, and re-read them, and experience Vietnam and your "everyday life" through your blogs. It doesn't have to be polished (although I know you too well to think you could put something out there raw..... I don't know, though, maybe you need to go raw; maybe the polished blog is not what you really want to communicate).... now I'm rambling! :) Keep 'em coming!!!! Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've talked of this recently, and yes - blogging "guilt" is both real, and a PITA sometimes. And blogging itself isn't but one single flavor, but rather, the flavor/flavors YOU fancy at any given moment.

    I too write simply because I enjoy documenting my crazy life, my travels, and especially the myriad of nutso happenings as an expat here in Asia. Were it not for TravelnLass, g-knows I'd have forgotten half the details of the past year and a half of my life.

    It doesn't matter who/if anybody reads it (though it's awfully nice when those who do, drop a comment now 'n then - hint, hint!) And as far as your "voice". No worries. You already have a most lovely style all your own, and I rather like the diversity of your various posts - I never know just what flavor I'm going to be licking next! ;)

    ReplyDelete